Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
LK427

Default How do I correct a table of contents with hyperlinks in msword

I am working on an existing work manual. The table of contents is in total
disarray (page numbers incorrect, Chapters titles missing, need to add titles
etc..) the entire table of contents is hyperlinked, so it is difficult when
making changes, because when I click to edit content it takes me to the text
in the document. Basically I need to re-create the entire TOC and keep the
hyperlinks. Can someone please help?
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Carol

You dont want to make manual edits to the TOC. Instead, go to the places
within the document that are coded for inclusion in the TOC and make your
changes there. Typically that would be in title headings, sub-headings,
chapter headings, etc.
--
Carol A. Bratt, MCP