dreamer12

Default Page numbering

How do I format page numbers as a default, so I don't have to insert it every
time?
Klaus Linke

Hi dreamer,

Open the template(s) you use (normal.dot if you don't use other =
templates) and add the page numbers there.

New docs then will have them.

Regards,
Klaus

"dreamer12" wrote:
How do I format page numbers as a default, so I don't have to insert =

it=20
every time?

dreamer12

HiKlaus, I tried that and it doesnt' seem to work. I opened normal.dot and
insertie the page numbers. THis is my new updated computer a newer version of
MS word. I have gone into all the format default such as font, page setup,
but the page numbering doen't seem to work with normal.dot. Thanks I will
keep trying. I have only had this new computer for about a month. Dreamer.12

"dreamer12" wrote:
How do I format page numbers as a default, so I don't have to insert it
every time?

Klaus Linke

Note Suzanne's warning...

I don't quite understand what you're doing with font and page setup.

You can either use "Insert Page number" (which I avoid since it =
inserts the page numbers in a frame, and that seems too complicated and =
not helpful), or "View Header and footer", click in the footer (if you =
don't want the page number in the header anyway), and then click on the =
button with the page and a # in it on the "headers and footers" toolbar.

If you have successfully added page numbers to your template, new =
documents should have the page numbers.
Old documents aren't changed... You'd need to open them and add page =
numbers yourself.

If that doesn't help: What exactly "doesn't seem to work"?

Regards,
Klaus

"dreamer12" wrote:
HiKlaus, I tried that and it doesnt' seem to work. I opened normal.dot =

and=20
insertie the page numbers. THis is my new updated computer a newer =

version of=20
MS word. I have gone into all the format default such as font, page =

setup,=20
but the page numbering doen't seem to work with normal.dot. Thanks I =

will=20
keep trying. I have only had this new computer for about a month. =

Dreamer.12

"Klaus Linke" wrote:

=20
Hi dreamer,
=20

"dreamer12" wrote:
How do I format page numbers as a default, so I don't have to =

insert it=20
every time?