Zynk

Default Trouble Creating Web Pages

I'm attempting to create a web page from a word document. I want a TOC frame
at the left and a header frame at the top.

I can create the frames and the document, but when I attempt to save them as
a web page, I get an error. The error is produced as the word doc is being
saved (I think).

Does anyone have any thoughts on the subject?
Anne Troy

What's the error? Google search it.
************
Anne Troy
www.OfficeArticles.com

"Zynk" wrote in message
I'm attempting to create a web page from a word document. I want a TOC
frame
at the left and a header frame at the top.

I can create the frames and the document, but when I attempt to save them
as
a web page, I get an error. The error is produced as the word doc is
being
saved (I think).

Does anyone have any thoughts on the subject?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Bob Buckland ?:-\)

Hi Don,

Word 2000 allows the saving as a web page or frame set it creates using File=Save As Web page. It can do so to a web server as
well if the site supports FrontPage Server extennsions.

The framed pages feature can support .doc files as well as HTM files through
Format=Frames. One of the uses for that feature was to for company documentation for 'how to' or catalogs.

FWIW, Office 2000 was actually marketed with 'how to build your own page' areas from Microsoft for the occassional/home user

http://microsoft.com/Office/previous...fe/default.asp

=========
"Don" wrote in message . 63.158...

Word was never intended to be used as tool to create web pages, rather a
transport medium to return a html doc into an original Word document
format.

I'm not sure if the newer versions of Word (I'm using 2000) offer a web
creation option for frames or not (Front Page did even in it's earliest
versions.)

In short, you create three separate pages and enlclose them in a structured
fourth page to obtain what you desire.

"Frames are evil"
http://www.html-faq.com/htmlframes/?framesareevil
http://www.dna88.com/forum/viewtopic...t=0&postdays=0
&postorder=asc&highlight=

I believe your error is a result of attempting to save the page as a Word
doc rather than a web page?
We need more info as you don't sepcify which version of Word your using or
the error reflected by Word.

In any event this "may" help:
http://www.tips-tricks.com/frame.htm
--
Let us know if this helped you,

Bob Buckland ?:-)
MS Office System Products MVP

For Everyday MS Office tips to "use right away" -
http://microsoft.com/events/series/a...andtricks.mspx