Continuous Break - isn't continuous

Old January 7th 05, 02:52 AM

Default Continuous Break - isn't continuous

I'm inserting Section breaks in order to force footnote numbering to
restart at 1 "one". The section breaks often occur in the middle of a
page. I specify a continuous section break. But Word 2000 takes me
to a new page anyway!

How do I get a truly "continuous" section break that will let me stay
on the same page?

*(((({

Old January 7th 05, 09:49 AM

I read the article -- it says I have to convert the footnotes to
endnotes to make the continuous break stop working like a page break.
But I must have footnotes! Converting them to endnotes is hardly a
solution.

Plan B?

*(((({

Old January 7th 05, 04:40 PM

Dang! I knew that wasn't the article I was looking for! Let me try again.
See "Section break causes an unexpected page break in Word" at
http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=292074. If even that doesn't help, see
http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/Formatting...panColumns.htm

Old January 12th 05, 09:15 AM
Stefan Blom

I find it interesting that the article at
http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=292074 doesn't mention why Word
won't allow footnotes from different sections on the same page.
The only reason I can think of is that since footnotes might be
restarted on each section, Word is trying to prevent duplicated
footnote numbers on the same page.

--
Stefan Blom

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote in message
Dang! I knew that wasn't the article I was looking for! Let me try

again.
See "Section break causes an unexpected page break in Word" at
http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=292074. If even that doesn't

help, see
http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/Formatting...panColumns.htm

newsgroup so
all may benefit.

Old January 12th 05, 04:39 PM

That's my assumption, too. I have complained about the incompleteness of
this article, and it has been slightly improved based on my feedback, but I
still find it less than satisfactory.