Using Word 2003 can't print anything with 2 pages or more?

Old February 5th 05, 11:59 PM
Maureen

Default Using Word 2003 can't print anything with 2 pages or more?

I have just gotten Office 2003.
I created a new document and it is 2 pages. It will only print the first
page. When I open old documents that are 1 page they print fine. But when I
print document that are 2 pages = both pages print blank.

ALso if I cut and paste out of the document nothing prints even thou it is
there and shows in print preview as 2 pages. It is almmost like it defaults
the font to white ink so the page prints blank but the printer acts like it
should be printing.
Should I just get rid of 2003 and go back to my 2000 Office? Or is there a
patch to fix this out there.
Old February 6th 05, 12:03 AM
garfield-n-odie

Sounds like a printer driver problem. If you print to a different
printer, does the problem persist?

Old February 6th 05, 12:15 AM
Maureen

It is not the printer. A friend actually created it and emailed to me. We
both have XP and Word 2003. I can't print the document either. So I created
a new one and it doesn't work. I can print from the internet with no
problem. It is something in 2003 Word.

Old February 6th 05, 12:57 AM
Doug Robbins

The suggestion was a printer DRIVER problem, not the printer itself.

consulting basis.

Hope this helps,
Doug Robbins - Word MVP

Old February 6th 05, 01:53 AM

Can you see the entire document in Print Preview? In Print Layout view? If
you can see it in Print Layout view but not in Print Preview, make sure you
have "Drawing objects" checked on the Print tab of Tools | Options. If you
can't see more than one page in Print Layout view, then go to Format |
Columns and select the button for One (even if it is already selected), then
OK out.

Old February 6th 05, 04:11 AM
Momosplace

IT IS NOT THE PRINTER OR THE PRINT DRIVER IS IT SOMETHING IN WORD 2003.
My printer was just installed, my friend's was installed about 6 months ago
so unless word 2003 is corrupting the printer drivers only when you create
documents with graphic or more than one page. I can't see any possiblity that
it is the print drivers. It is fine in all other programs and even word if
you are just printing one page, can print pictures fine. My word came
installed and my friend just bought the program and installed about 3 months
ago.

Old February 6th 05, 04:15 AM
Momosplace

Yes I can see the entire document in Print Preview and Print Layout. Drawing
objects is checked and column was set for one. If it wasn't doing it on 2
seperate computers I would think I just need to reinstall but my computer is
brand new and I can't believe the trial works this badly and they want me to
buy it. It has to be a simple patch or something. I've never had this much
trouble with a microsoft product.

Old February 6th 05, 06:29 AM

If this is a trial version, perhaps there is a limitation on how much you
can print with that version?

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

Can you see the entire document in Print Preview? In Print Layout view?

If
you can see it in Print Layout view but not in Print Preview, make sure

you
have "Drawing objects" checked on the Print tab of Tools | Options. If

you
can't see more than one page in Print Layout view, then go to Format |
Columns and select the button for One (even if it is already selected),

then
OK out.

newsgroup so
all may benefit.

Old February 6th 05, 07:23 PM
Momosplace

I don't think it is because I have a trail version - my friend bought the
student version and he can't print it either. The only other thought I have
is Norton 2005 which I have and don't know if that is what my friend is using
has some problems with the microsoft office enabling - so maybe Norton is
messing with the Office codes.

i know someone else thought it was the print driver but 2 different
computers and 2 different printers. Although have not tried to print
multipage documents out of any other Office software, but can print fine out
of 2 picture programs, adobe, internet, email, palm software.