Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Word Perfect lover Word Perfect lover is offline

Default insert manual hard space

How do I insert a manual hard space keeping text together within a line
and/or sentence without using a hyphen? For example: 1 hour, 2 tsp.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Luc[_2_] Luc[_2_] is offline

WordPerfect lover,
Have you tried Ctrl+shift+spacebar.

--
Luc Sanders
MVP - PowerPoint
How do I insert a manual hard space keeping text together within a line
and/or sentence without using a hyphen? For example: 1 hour, 2 tsp.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Tamara Tamara is offline

contrl+Shift+Space does not work on my version of Word 2007. What is the
manual way of doing this...? I read online that the same can be done by
hittng instert, then formatting mark, then non-breaking space, but I can't
find "formatting mark" on word 2007

"Luc" wrote:

WordPerfect lover,
Have you tried Ctrl+shift+spacebar.

--
Luc Sanders
MVP - PowerPoint
"Word Perfect lover" Word Perfect schreef
in bericht ...
How do I insert a manual hard space keeping text together within a line
and/or sentence without using a hyphen? For example: 1 hour, 2 tsp.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

Insert Symbol More symbols Special Characters Non breaking space.
A more pertinent question might be *why* doesn't CTRL+SHIFT+Space work?

"Luc" wrote:

WordPerfect lover,
Have you tried Ctrl+shift+spacebar.

--
Luc Sanders
MVP - PowerPoint
"Word Perfect lover" Word Perfect
schreef in bericht
How do I insert a manual hard space keeping text together within a
line and/or sentence without using a hyphen? For example: 1 hour,
2 tsp.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Maybe by "formatting mark" someone meant the capital Omega on the
Insert Symbol button?

Does Ctrl-Shift-Space do something _other than_ insert a non-breaking
space?

"Luc" wrote:
WordPerfect lover,
Have you tried Ctrl+shift+spacebar.

--
Luc Sanders
MVP - PowerPoint
"Word Perfect lover" Word Perfect schreef
in ...
How do I insert a manual hard space keeping text together within a line
and/or sentence without using a hyphen? *For example: *1 hour, 2 tsp.-

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Bradley[_2_] Bradley[_2_] is offline

Insert, Symbol, More Symbols, special characters, and select Nonbreaking
space. You can also set up a shortcut key if you regularly use it.

"Word Perfect lover" wrote:

How do I insert a manual hard space keeping text together within a line
and/or sentence without using a hyphen? For example: 1 hour, 2 tsp.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

The default (built-in) shortcut key is Ctrl+Shift+Spacebar.

http://word.mvps.org

"Word Perfect lover" wrote:

How do I insert a manual hard space keeping text together within a line
and/or sentence without using a hyphen? For example: 1 hour, 2 tsp.

automatic hard space and hard hyphen desired gg Microsoft Word Help 0 January 11th 06 08:06 PM
What are the keystrokes for a Hard Space (Absolute Space)? Bettty Page Layout 1 May 8th 05 01:02 AM
Hard Space John Sharpe New Users 1 March 16th 05 02:53 PM
Hard space in word Ian B Microsoft Word Help 2 March 15th 05 05:02 AM