Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
SC747 SC747 is offline

Default How to Turn off Automatically Update Style in Word 2007

Hello,

Is there a way to turn off "Automatically Update Style" in Word 2007? When
editing a word document, for example, adding a bullet, or changing the font
color of highlighted text, Word seems to change it for a portion of a
paragraph (that was not selected). There seems to be a step automatically put
in play by Word - Automatically Update Style. Undoing this step brings
everything back to normal. I have looked up AutoCorrect and AutoFormat
options, but can't seem to find a simple fix to this. Changing the Style to
Word 2003 is a temporary fix, but I am looking for a more permanent solution.

I've tried searching for a fix to this, but unfortunately, I have not been
successful. I came across a few posts that involved adding VB code, but this
doesn't really seem to help. Further to that, this is hard to implement while
dealing with a large number of computers.

Your help would really be appreciated. Thank you.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

If it's Normal style, you'll need a little macro; see
http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/Formatting...eformatted.htm

http://word.mvps.org

"SC747" wrote in message
[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
SC747 SC747 is offline

Hello,

Thank you for your prompt response. I had previously tried to do what was
indicated in the document, but I was not all that successful. Is there an
easier way to do this? Some kind of setting under AutoFormat/AutoCorrect? I
remember Word 2003 used to have this as an option.

Thanks again!
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

If what you're asking about is actually the "automatically update" feature,
then you can change it only through Modify Style (or, as noted, with a macro
for Normal style, which doesn't have this check box).

http://word.mvps.org

"SC747" wrote in message
Hello,

Thank you for your prompt response. I had previously tried to do what was
indicated in the document, but I was not all that successful. Is there an
easier way to do this? Some kind of setting under AutoFormat/AutoCorrect?
remember Word 2003 used to have this as an option.

Thanks again!

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
SC747 SC747 is offline

I see... Thanks for your help! I appreciate it!