Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Lynda Kinley Lynda Kinley is offline

Default Font change during insert of another document

When I insert another letter into my main document (based on some
condition), Word for no reason increases the font size of the inserted
document even though the font size of this document is actually smaller. It
also keeps the first sentence of the inserted letter in its original font ,
but then increases the font of the rest of the document. Is there any way
to fix this? I have recreated the document that I insert several times to
see if it could be fixed that way, but no change occurs.

Any help would be appreciated.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields

Word can get confused if you are using the same style names in the two
documents, but with different settings. Also, does it make any difference if
you do the following:
a. open the document to be included
b. select the whole document except the final paragraph mark
c. use Insert|Bookmark to bookmark everything except the final paragraph
mark (e.g. with bookmark "bodytext")
d. instead of using an INCLUDETEXT such as { INCLUDETEXT "mydoc.doc" }, use
{ INCLUDETEXT "mydoc.doc" bodytext }
?

Peter Jamieson
"Lynda Kinley" wrote in message
When I insert another letter into my main document (based on some
condition), Word for no reason increases the font size of the inserted
document even though the font size of this document is actually smaller.
It also keeps the first sentence of the inserted letter in its original
font , but then increases the font of the rest of the document. Is there
any way to fix this? I have recreated the document that I insert several
times to see if it could be fixed that way, but no change occurs.

Any help would be appreciated.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

Remove any \*mergeformat switch from the field add a \*charformat switch
then update the field. The formatting should then appear as that at the
insertion point.