Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
LD LD is offline

Default track changes

I have a document that is set up to track changes. I put it on a jump drive
and my boss tried to open it on a different computer and it accepted the
changes. Why would it do that and can anyone tell me how to prevent that
from happening.
Thanks
ld
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Hi ld

ld wrote:
I have a document that is set up to track changes. I put it on a jump drive

you mean a removable medium like a USB memory stick?

and my boss tried to open it on a different computer and it accepted the
changes.

It?

Why would it do that and can anyone tell me how to prevent that
from happening.

It's not clear to me what has happened.

Activating "Track Changes" means all edits to the document are logged in
the file. At any time, you can then work your way through those edits
and accept or reject each one in turn (all all globally).

What exactly has happened with the file when your boss opened it?

HTH
Robert
--
/"\ ASCII Ribbon Campaign | MS
\ / | MVP

Track Changes Spunky Page Layout 3 September 1st 07 05:36 PM
track word changes ON while track formatting changes is OFF driller Microsoft Word Help 2 March 17th 07 01:51 PM
Can you track time used to edit a document with Track Changes? Bubba MaGrew Microsoft Word Help 1 April 6th 06 10:02 PM
How do I track changes AND track comments helene powl Microsoft Word Help 0 August 24th 05 10:51 AM
Track Changes HT New Users 3 March 17th 05 08:35 PM