Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Houston85 Houston85 is offline

Default mail merge

I've followed the mail merge instructions that were provided. I'm trying to
create labels that are saved in an excel file. Each time I try to insert my
file, the only thing I end up with is Next Record in each label.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields

If you are using Word XP or 2003, follow Graham Mayor's article at:

My guess is that you are not inserting the necessary "merge fields" into the
label. Even though you may have columns called "Address", "Strret", City,
etc. in your Excel file, Word does not try to guess what data to put on your
label.

Peter Jamieson