TerryM

Default Word - Header and footer text colour not printing correctly.

The text shown in the headers and footers are selected to be a light grey.
However, on on type of printer i.e. Canon iR 2200, this option is totally
ignored and appears 100% black.

Has anyone any ideas or suggestions on what I can do to correct this?

Terry
Charles Kenyon

When you are viewing the h/f in h/f view is the text grey or black?
--
Charles Kenyon

from my ignorance and your wisdom.

"TerryM" wrote in message
The text shown in the headers and footers are selected to be a light grey.
However, on on type of printer i.e. Canon iR 2200, this option is totally
ignored and appears 100% black.

Has anyone any ideas or suggestions on what I can do to correct this?

Terry

Make sure you don't have any of the following options selected:

1. "Print colors as black on noncolor printers" on the Compatibility tab of
Tools | Options. AFAICS, Word doesn't have any way to tell whether a printer
is color or monochrome, so setting this effectively says, "My printer is
monochrome."

2. "Draft output" on the Print tab of Tools | Options.

3. Any setting in your printer Properties that would print in B&W rather
than color or grayscale.