Kay Smith Kay Smith is offline
Junior Member

Question Numbering, header, and tabs

I am trying to type documents that were orginally set up on a different Word version. I currently use Word 2010. There is a header with a picture and a quote, which I try not to mess up.. I tred to set the number icon and then I need to indent each paragraph there after. I've tried to set the ruler, but cannot make it work properly. I have a page 2 also and I can't change the margin for just page 2. I'm sure these are simple procedures, but I am frustrated and would appreciate some help. It' very important to me because I am typing evaluations for a company from my home and want to make them perfect. Thx
Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout

Default Numbering, header, and tabs

Which paragraphs are you trying to indent? The numbered ones? In that case,
you can't reliably use the ruler. In Word 2007 or later, click the paragraph
number so that Word selects all numbers belonging to the same list.
Right-click and choose Adjust List Indents from the right-click menu, and
then make the desired changes.

You can't change the margin for a page in Word; you will have to increase
the left indent.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"Kay Smith" wrote in message

I am trying to type documents that were orginally set up on a different
Word version. I currently use Word 2010. There is a header with a
picture and a quote, which I try not to mess up.. I tred to set the
number icon and then I need to indent each paragraph there after. I've
tried to set the ruler, but cannot make it work properly. I have a page
2 also and I can't change the margin for just page 2. I'm sure these
are simple procedures, but I am frustrated and would appreciate some
help. It' very important to me because I am typing evaluations for a
company from my home and want to make them perfect. Thx

--
Kay Smith

Ursul Ursul is offline
Junior Member

Hi Kay,

Any chance we can see what you are trying to achieve either in a doc or jpeg?