Abrielsdad Abrielsdad is offline
Junior Member

Red face How do I create a template order form and still change the daily items on the form?

Hi, relatively new user here. I created an order form with Word, and each day I will change the individual products on the order form, but want the order form itself to be protected. I don't even know the proper terminology for this, but how do I do that?
Ursul Ursul is offline
Junior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abrielsdad View Post
Hi, relatively new user here. I created an order form with Word, and each day I will change the individual products on the order form, but want the order form itself to be protected. I don't even know the proper terminology for this, but how do I do that?
When you do a 'Save As' you have options called "Tools" next to the 'Save' button, click on the 'Tools' arrow and see the list of options you have there - you will want to select "General Options ..." and in this dialog box you can now save it how you want i.e. 'Password to open' it - only the person who puts the password here can open the document, or 'Password to modify' - you can only make changes to the document if you enter in the password or 'Read only' - but all this means is that if someone wants to make changes they can, but they will need to save the document with a new name ... I wouldn't suggest this option is your situation. I suggest you use one of the other options, either a Password to Open or a Password to modify.

Cheers