DAL

Default Double space after sentence (Word 2000)

I'd like to set up my MSWord 2000 document so that there are two spaces after
a sentence. The default seems to be a single space after a sentence. Is there
an option to set this so it happens automatically. I couldn't find anything
under the AutoCorrect feature.
Charles Kenyon

There is no such setting. You can set the grammar checker to alert you when
you only use one space. Note that if you are using a proportionally spaced
font, the proper spacing to make your document most easily read is built
into the font for one space at the end of a sentence.
--

Charles Kenyon

from my ignorance and your wisdom.

"DAL" wrote in message
I'd like to set up my MSWord 2000 document so that there are two spaces
after
a sentence. The default seems to be a single space after a sentence. Is
there
an option to set this so it happens automatically. I couldn't find
anything
under the AutoCorrect feature.

Ken Roper

You should be able to go into the Format, Paragraph dialog box and set the
spacing before or after a paragraph to 24 pts. Note: Don't set both as this
will add 2 blank lines instead of one. This assumes that each sentence ends
with a hard return, of course.

"DAL" wrote:

I'd like to set up my MSWord 2000 document so that there are two spaces after
a sentence. The default seems to be a single space after a sentence. Is there
an option to set this so it happens automatically. I couldn't find anything
under the AutoCorrect feature.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Terry A Terry A is offline

I did set my documents to have two spaces after a puncuation mark but I don't
remember how. I thought it was in Tools/Options but I don't see anything in
Word 2003. Does anyone know how to set the default for two spaces after a
sentence?

"DAL" wrote:

I'd like to set up my MSWord 2000 document so that there are two spaces after
a sentence. The default seems to be a single space after a sentence. Is there
an option to set this so it happens automatically. I couldn't find anything
under the AutoCorrect feature.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

There is no provision for this except that you can require the Grammar
Checker to mark occurrences of a single space after punctuation. Tools |
Options | Spelling & Grammar.

"DAL" wrote:

I'd like to set up my MSWord 2000 document so that there are two spaces

after
a sentence. The default seems to be a single space after a sentence. Is

there
an option to set this so it happens automatically. I couldn't find

anything
under the AutoCorrect feature.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Don Ellis[_2_] Don Ellis[_2_] is offline

Interestingly, I noticed your question because I was about to ask for
a recurring macro that would replace all occurrences of two spaces
with one (and then stop), rather than the simple search-and-replace
multiple times that I'm doing now.

In searching Google, here's the first link I found (which may help
you):

http://wordtips.vitalnews.com/Pages/..._a_Period.html

Since the advent of word processing programs with proportional type,
there is an argument to follow typesetting rules (1 space) rather than
typewriting rules (2 spaces).

http://www.itcfonts.com/Ulc/4111/Top...adcampaign=IMP

I leave it to you.

Don

"DAL" wrote:

I'd like to set up my MSWord 2000 document so that there are two spaces after
a sentence. The default seems to be a single space after a sentence. Is there
an option to set this so it happens automatically. I couldn't find anything
under the AutoCorrect feature.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Terry A[_2_] Terry A[_2_] is offline

That is exactly what I did before. Thanks Don, for jogging my memory and
also the link to Words Tips.

"DAL" wrote:

I'd like to set up my MSWord 2000 document so that there are two spaces after
a sentence. The default seems to be a single space after a sentence. Is there
an option to set this so it happens automatically. I couldn't find anything
under the AutoCorrect feature.

WP Delay Code - Word Equiv Mike G - Milw, WI Microsoft Word Help 6 January 10th 05 05:12 PM
Continuous breaks convert to next page breaks Jennifer Hunt Microsoft Word Help 2 December 30th 04 06:45 PM
macro in word js Microsoft Word Help 1 December 28th 04 04:01 AM
Macro that will add the file path & date to Word footnotes? Rich P Microsoft Word Help 2 December 15th 04 08:49 PM
How do I convert a cd in word perfect to microsoft word greylady Microsoft Word Help 1 November 23rd 04 08:03 PM