Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Word Word is offline

Default how 2 open word file in windows vista basic

kindly help us out as to how can we open the microsoft word files in windows
vista basic
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Jay Freedman Jay Freedman is offline

WORD wrote:
kindly help us out as to how can we open the microsoft word files in
windows vista basic

Windows Vista is an operating system. By itself it knows nothing about Word
files. Have you installed the Word program?

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
JoAnn Paules JoAnn Paules is offline

You open them with a word processor. Vista is an operating system, not a
word processor.

--
JoAnn Paules
MVP Microsoft [Publisher]

~~~~~
How to ask a question
http://support.microsoft.com/KB/555375

"WORD" wrote in message
kindly help us out as to how can we open the microsoft word files in
windows
vista basic

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Vista comes with WordPad, which by default is associated with .doc and .rtf
files. So, even if Word is not installed, double-clicking on .doc files
should be starting WordPad.

If this isn't happening, open Windows Explorer and right-click on a .doc
file. Choose Open With Choose Default Program. In Recommended Programs, if
Microsoft Office Word is offered, click on it, and choose "Always use the
selected program to open this kind of file", then click OK. If Word isn't
offered, then click on WordPad, "Always use...", then click OK.

--
Herb Tyson MS MVP
Author of the Word 2007 Bible