Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Hardworking Admin

Default Where to I get a template for thanking employees for hard work?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Pat Garard

From your HEART!
--
Regards,
Pat Garard

"Hardworking Admin" Hardworking wrote in
message ...

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
JoAnn Paules [MVP]

Bravo, Pat! :-)

--

JoAnn Paules
MVP Microsoft [Publisher]

"Pat Garard" apgarard-bigpond:net:au wrote in message
From your HEART!
--
Regards,
Pat Garard

"Hardworking Admin" Hardworking wrote in
message ...

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Pat Garard

`[:-}
--
Regards,
Pat Garard

"JoAnn Paules [MVP]" wrote in message
.. .
Bravo, Pat! :-)

--

JoAnn Paules
MVP Microsoft [Publisher]

"Pat Garard" apgarard-bigpond:net:au wrote in message
From your HEART!
--
Regards,
Pat Garard

"Hardworking Admin" Hardworking wrote in
message ...

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
CyberTaz

If you need a template for something like this one would have to question
the sincerity of your gratitude.

Good Luck |:)
Bob Jones
[MVP] Office:Mac

On 6/30/06 5:35 PM, in article
, "Hardworking Admin"
Hardworking

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Jezebel

Or from your wallet.

"Pat Garard" apgarard-bigpond:net:au wrote in message
From your HEART!
--
Regards,
Pat Garard

"Hardworking Admin" Hardworking wrote in
message ...

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Hardworking Admin Hardworking Admin is offline

That would work if it was for something that I was thanking for something
they did for me...however, I was looking for a template for general thank you
letters for a group of employees at a corporation of which I was given the
task to write!

"Pat Garard" wrote:

From your HEART!
--
Regards,
Pat Garard

"Hardworking Admin" Hardworking wrote in
message ...

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Hardworking Admin Hardworking Admin is offline

Again, as I stated to Pat, this is a thank you task that I was given at a
large corporation for employees putting in extra time and work. I am
disappointed in both yours and Pat's responses.

"JoAnn Paules [MVP]" wrote:

Bravo, Pat! :-)

--

JoAnn Paules
MVP Microsoft [Publisher]

"Pat Garard" apgarard-bigpond:net:au wrote in message
From your HEART!
--
Regards,
Pat Garard

"Hardworking Admin" Hardworking wrote in
message ...

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Hardworking Admin Hardworking Admin is offline

Strange response!

"Jezebel" wrote:

Or from your wallet.

"Pat Garard" apgarard-bigpond:net:au wrote in message
From your HEART!
--
Regards,
Pat Garard

"Hardworking Admin" Hardworking wrote in
message ...

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Hardworking Admin Hardworking Admin is offline

How very rude. You must not assume that this was something personal. A
thank you letter task was given to me to write for a bunch of employees (of
whom, I don't know) who put in extra time and effort for job completion. I
was only looking for help with uplifting words of appreciation!

"CyberTaz" wrote:

If you need a template for something like this one would have to question
the sincerity of your gratitude.

Good Luck |:)
Bob Jones
[MVP] Office:Mac

On 6/30/06 5:35 PM, in article
, "Hardworking Admin"
Hardworking

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Charles Kenyon Charles Kenyon is offline

This newsgroup is designed to advise on the technical aspects of using Word,
not to give advice on the *content* of documents written in Word. (This
purpose is not apparent if you are using the web interface provided by
Microsoft.) It is not the best place to ask your question, even if you get
some answers. Search the web for examples (using Google at
http://www.google.com/ or another search engine), or use your imagination.

Itıs possible that the MS-hosted bank of templates by MS and third parties
will offer something:
http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/te...s/default.aspx
--
Charles Kenyon

from my ignorance and your wisdom.

"Hardworking Admin" Hardworking wrote in
message ...

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

This newsgroup doesn't deal with the contents of Word documents. Now if you
need to learn how to protect the finished document from editing or learn how
to do a mail merge to create the mailing labels, then this is the proper
group.

--

JoAnn Paules
MVP Microsoft [Publisher]
message ...
Again, as I stated to Pat, this is a thank you task that I was given at a
large corporation for employees putting in extra time and work. I am
disappointed in both yours and Pat's responses.

"JoAnn Paules [MVP]" wrote:

Bravo, Pat! :-)

--

JoAnn Paules
MVP Microsoft [Publisher]

"Pat Garard" apgarard-bigpond:net:au wrote in message
From your HEART!
--
Regards,
Pat Garard

"Hardworking Admin" Hardworking wrote
in
message ...

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Charles Kenyon Charles Kenyon is offline

Sorry about your disappointment. Responses here come from volunteers - your
fellow users, not Microsoft employees. In the USA this has been a long
holiday weekend for most of us.

Further, as has been stated elsewhere, this newsgroup is not about what to
put in documents but in how to get them to behave the way you want.
Microsoft makes this very unclear on their website link to the newsgroup.
--
Charles Kenyon

from my ignorance and your wisdom.

"Hardworking Admin" wrote in
message ...
Again, as I stated to Pat, this is a thank you task that I was given at a
large corporation for employees putting in extra time and work. I am
disappointed in both yours and Pat's responses.

"JoAnn Paules [MVP]" wrote:

Bravo, Pat! :-)

--

JoAnn Paules
MVP Microsoft [Publisher]

"Pat Garard" apgarard-bigpond:net:au wrote in message
From your HEART!
--
Regards,
Pat Garard

"Hardworking Admin" Hardworking wrote
in
message ...

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Pat Garard Pat Garard is offline

Dear Hardworking Admin,

I do apologise if I have caused you to be upset.

I do NOT apologise for directing your attention toward a defect in
Corporate Communication, and in communication generally.

Money is fine, but the most heartfelt reward an individual can receive is a
direct expression of appreciation from another human being - preferably
delivered face to face.

Imagine the impact if you received such a communication in written form
only to discover, at a later date, the original 'fill-in-the-blanks' Template!

I guess I am a bit old fashioned, but thanking people is a privilege and
pleasure that I would never delegate in any way, shape or form.

I observe a natural reaction from others to limit the comments in the
newsgroup to technical issues.

While this is perfectly appropriate (else we should lose ourselves), it
also is symptomatic of the trend for us to isolate ourselves from the
emotional context out of which arises the real living of a real life.
--
Regards,
Pat Garard

"Hardworking Admin" wrote in
message ...
Again, as I stated to Pat, this is a thank you task that I was given at a
large corporation for employees putting in extra time and work. I am
disappointed in both yours and Pat's responses.

"JoAnn Paules [MVP]" wrote:

Bravo, Pat! :-)

--

JoAnn Paules
MVP Microsoft [Publisher]

"Pat Garard" apgarard-bigpond:net:au wrote in message
From your HEART!
--
Regards,
Pat Garard

"Hardworking Admin" Hardworking wrote in
message ...

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Hardworking Admin wrote:
How very rude. You must not assume that this was something personal. A
thank you letter task was given to me to write for a bunch of employees (of
whom, I don't know) who put in extra time and effort for job completion. I
was only looking for help with uplifting words of appreciation!

There are (at least) two properties of a template: style/layout, and
content.

If you were looking for help with the former, then we are all ears. You
would most probably not be able to use any existing template, anyway,
because, as a company, you often have Corporate Identity folks who once
defined the templates for you, what font to be used, etc.

Looking for the latter, though, is very unspecific, not to say off-topic
for a forum dedicated to Microsoft Word. The _words_ you are looking for
are the same whether you use LaTeX, WordPerfect, WordPad, a telephone, etc.

2cents
Robert
--
/"\ ASCII Ribbon Campaign | MS