Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
George626 George626 is offline

Default Can I import in a DXF drawing into Word 2003

Is there a way to bring in a drawing tht is in a DXF format into Word2003

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

If my husband wasn't asleep right now I'd ask him but you're about a half an
hour too late for that. Can you convert that .dxf file to something else?
Can you get the drawing in another format?

--

JoAnn Paules
MVP Microsoft [Publisher]

"George626" wrote in message
Is there a way to bring in a drawing tht is in a DXF format into Word2003

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Word 97 was the last Word version that included the AutoCAD
Format 2-D graphics filter (dxfimp32.flt), which supports all
AutoCAD versions through Release 12 including AutoCAD for
Windows. The .dxf filter is no longer available for download
from the Microsoft website, but you can download it from Word MVP
Graham Mayor's website http://www.gmayor.com/downloads.htm .

George626 wrote:

Is there a way to bring in a drawing tht is in a DXF format into Word2003

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

"JoAnn Paules [MVP]" wrote:

If my husband wasn't asleep right now I'd ask him but you're about a half an
hour too late for that. Can you convert that .dxf file to something else?
Can you get the drawing in another format?

JoAnn Paules
MVP Microsoft [Publisher]

I can bring in a IGES or IGS file from a CAM program similar like ACAD.
Do you know of any 3rd party that has a converter that will take in a DXF so
I can use it in Word 2003?
Thanks,
George

"George626" wrote in message
Is there a way to bring in a drawing tht is in a DXF format into Word2003

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
George626 George626 is offline

Will the graphics filter ((dxfimp32.flt)) work in Word 2003???
I went to the download site and could njot find the dxfimp32.flt or filters
to download.
Thank all of you for any and all help.
Best regards,
George

George626 wrote:

Is there a way to bring in a drawing tht is in a DXF format into Word2003

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

If you still need help, let me know. Keith is downstairs and I can ask him
for suggestions. He did say that you could copy and paste the .dwg right
into Word, if that helps.

--

JoAnn Paules
MVP Microsoft [Publisher]

"George626" wrote in message
Is there a way to bring in a drawing tht is in a DXF format into
Word2003

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
George626 George626 is offline

It is working
I installed the filter and it works GREAT.
Super, gee Darn Gosh Good Gollie.
Thanks for the help.
Now all I have to figure out is how to bring in A dxf that was drawn in
Autocad
Rel 13, 14 or 2000.
It brings in the older DXF format Rel 12 but I am still a happy camper.
Thanks for every ones help.
George

Is there a way to bring in a drawing tht is in a DXF format into Word2003

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Am I correct in assuming you do not have AutoCAD on your computer?

--

JoAnn Paules
MVP Microsoft [Publisher]

"George626" wrote:

Is there a way to bring in a drawing tht is in a DXF format into Word2003

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
George626 George626 is offline

Correct that I do not have AutoCAD on my computer.
I use Mastercam CAD CAM CNC Software to design and make codes so that a CNC
Machine will do the operations rather than figuring out all the moves of the
machine.
It has over 14 translators that it will import and export and works fine.
But in the past when using Word 97 I took in the DXF that was generated from
Mstercam into MS Word 97.
Worked flawless.
I know the present translators that Mastercam will export a AutoCAD drawing
is a DWG or a DXF.
But the onlu options are for a DXF are REl 12, 13 and ACAD 2000.
I might just have to ask Mastercam if the old translator is still available.
What I have done in the past is write tutorials on the subject for my
classes in CAD CAM CNC as a hard copy and it works fine.
I have been doing Video Tutorials with Voice overs and it works SUPER.
I use Word 2003 to write my script and include it with the Video so the
student
in addition to a voice and picture on there screen have the hard copy to
follow the script and important notes.
It might seem redundant but If a person sees a Video and hears the voice
commands they remember some but not all. Including the hard copy they
remember about 25% more.
If anyone is interested in what I am doing send me an email direct to

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Tell you what you need to check out - SnagIt!
http://www.techsmith.com/snagit.asp

Stop messing with .dxf files, etc. SnagIt is like a beefed up screen shot
plus. They have a trial version and it's only $40. Believe me, if you're
writing tutorials, you're gonna love it. (And no, I'm not employed by them.
Just a very happy user.)

--

JoAnn Paules
MVP Microsoft [Publisher]

~~~~~
How to ask a question
http://support.microsoft.com/KB/555375

"George626" wrote in message
[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
George626 George626 is offline

I am using Snagit and their Cam Stuido for several years.
Great products and I am a happy camper with there products.
But when You capture what I am doing it captures the whole screen with the
dark bgackround.
All I want is to convert a DFX drawing as a line drawing; nothing else.
It is not worth to change the parameters in my program so I have a whit e
backround and black lines as a drawing.
All I need is a plain and simple DXF line drawing.
Maybe AutoCAD has older DXF formats that I can use.
George
George

"George626" wrote in message
[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

You say that Mastercam will export to Autocad R12 .dxf format,
and Word's .dxf filter should be able to open Autocad R12 .dxf
files, so what is the problem?

George626 wrote:

[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
George626 George626 is offline

Pro/blem is the Current last two versions only export as REL 13, 14 or
AutoCAD 2000
Mastercaam does not have the rel 12 DXF export in theri current versions.
I went back after and someone said to use snagit which I have and found I
can use the screen capture and use the fill to chage colors in the backround;
to have a white backround.
Not a problem just an extra click or two to get it done.
George