Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
mrmac2_34 mrmac2_34 is offline

Default Creating business cards in Microsoft Word 2003

How do I create business cards in Microsoft Word 2003? I have one made in
Microsoft Publisher and I want to either re-create it in Word or transfer it
to Word. Is this possible and if so, how?
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Jezebel Jezebel is offline

Create a table whose cells are the size you want (or use the supplied
template if you're printing onto pre-cut cards), then put your text and
whatever into each cell.

"mrmac2_34" wrote in message
How do I create business cards in Microsoft Word 2003? I have one made in
Microsoft Publisher and I want to either re-create it in Word or transfer
it
to Word. Is this possible and if so, how?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

If you have Publisher, why do you want to convert it to Word?

--

JoAnn Paules
MVP Microsoft [Publisher]

"mrmac2_34" wrote in message
How do I create business cards in Microsoft Word 2003? I have one made in
Microsoft Publisher and I want to either re-create it in Word or transfer
it
to Word. Is this possible and if so, how?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

I used to like you. :-P

--

JoAnn Paules
MVP Microsoft [Publisher]

"mrmac2_34" wrote in message
How do I create business cards in Microsoft Word 2003? I have one made
in
Microsoft Publisher and I want to either re-create it in Word or
transfer it
to Word. Is this possible and if so, how?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
[email protected] trevordayley@gmail.com is offline

After you get your cards looking nice, check out www.BringTheGreen.com
to get them printed. I am their biggest fan after they printed my
business cards for less than $50, full color both sides, glossy
coating, on heavyweight stock. Give them a shot - you might just
become their second biggest fan.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Jezebel Jezebel is offline

Yeehah the guerilla marketing! In my experience, the slickness of the
business card is inversely proportional to the ethics of the person handing
them out. I think I've never been given a double-sided, glossy business card
by someone who wasn't an airhead, a crook, or both.

wrote in message
oups.com...
After you get your cards looking nice, check out www.BringTheGreen.com
to get them printed. I am their biggest fan after they printed my
business cards for less than $50, full color both sides, glossy
coating, on heavyweight stock. Give them a shot - you might just
become their second biggest fan.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

He's posting over in the Publisher newsgroup too. I smell spam, don't you?

--

JoAnn Paules
MVP Microsoft [Publisher]

"Jezebel" wrote in message
Yeehah the guerilla marketing! In my experience, the slickness of the
business card is inversely proportional to the ethics of the person
handing them out. I think I've never been given a double-sided, glossy
business card by someone who wasn't an airhead, a crook, or both.

wrote in message
oups.com...
After you get your cards looking nice, check out www.BringTheGreen.com
to get them printed. I am their biggest fan after they printed my
business cards for less than $50, full color both sides, glossy
coating, on heavyweight stock. Give them a shot - you might just
become their second biggest fan.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
mrmac2_34 mrmac2_34 is offline

Because the format and graphics I used to create it in Publisher I can't find
for Word. Also, this allows me to be able to update/change it on any
computer that has Word instead of being limited to doing the work at home.
It just adds convenience for me.

"mrmac2_34" wrote in message
How do I create business cards in Microsoft Word 2003? I have one made in
Microsoft Publisher and I want to either re-create it in Word or transfer
it
to Word. Is this possible and if so, how?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
mrmac2_34 mrmac2_34 is offline

If this reference was meant towards me, the answer is no. I am not sending
spam. Its a legitimate question. I have only posted in the Word newsgroup
because I thought it was the best place to put the question. I also asked if
my business card could be transferred into Word from Publisher but I didn't
post it there hoping somone from Word could tell me if it was possible. If
the question can't be answered here then I will post it in Publisher. All I
want is to be able to do it if its possible, that's it.

If you're referring to the person who suggested the Bring the Green website,
then disregard my posting (except for the request for help I've asked for).

"Jezebel" wrote in message
Yeehah the guerilla marketing! In my experience, the slickness of the
business card is inversely proportional to the ethics of the person
handing them out. I think I've never been given a double-sided, glossy
business card by someone who wasn't an airhead, a crook, or both.

wrote in message
oups.com...
After you get your cards looking nice, check out www.BringTheGreen.com
to get them printed. I am their biggest fan after they printed my
business cards for less than $50, full color both sides, glossy
coating, on heavyweight stock. Give them a shot - you might just
become their second biggest fan.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Not you - there's someone who seems to be posting spam in the guise of
"helpful" advice.

--

JoAnn Paules
MVP Microsoft [Publisher]

"Jezebel" wrote in message
Yeehah the guerilla marketing! In my experience, the slickness of the
business card is inversely proportional to the ethics of the person
handing them out. I think I've never been given a double-sided, glossy
business card by someone who wasn't an airhead, a crook, or both.

wrote in message
oups.com...
After you get your cards looking nice, check out www.BringTheGreen.com
to get them printed. I am their biggest fan after they printed my
business cards for less than $50, full color both sides, glossy
coating, on heavyweight stock. Give them a shot - you might just
become their second biggest fan.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Publisher has features that Word doesn't because it's meant to be used as a
desktop publishing program and Word isn't.

You can try copy and paste but the results aren't always quite what you had
in Publisher.

--

JoAnn Paules
MVP Microsoft [Publisher]

"mrmac2_34" wrote in message
How do I create business cards in Microsoft Word 2003? I have one made
in
Microsoft Publisher and I want to either re-create it in Word or
transfer
it
to Word. Is this possible and if so, how?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Bronx Tech Hihg School Bronx Tech Hihg School is offline

"mrmac2_34" wrote:

How do I create business cards in Microsoft Word 2003? I have one made in
Microsoft Publisher and I want to either re-create it in Word or transfer it
to Word. Is this possible and if so, how?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
dac dac is offline

I'm trying to do the same thing because while I created a nice card in Pub it
doesn't have the avery template it says to use on the card stock box. Word
does have this avery number available. I can't get the cards to print out
evenly spaced on the avery card stock without chopping off various parts of
the card. Microsoft products are very annoying in this respect. They are
never easy to use unless you are a programmer.

"mrmac2_34" wrote in message
How do I create business cards in Microsoft Word 2003? I have one made in
Microsoft Publisher and I want to either re-create it in Word or transfer
it
to Word. Is this possible and if so, how?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

This is very easy to do from Publisher; I do it all the time (all my
business cards are in Publisher). On the Layout tab of Page Setup, choose
"Business card," then U.S. Click the Change Copies Per Sheet button. Change
the horizontal and vertical gaps to 0", the top margin to 0.5", and the side
margin to 0.75". You're in business!