Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Hazel Hazel is offline

Default Update of fields prior to printing in Word 2007

I have a document which has the Document Properties Field - Title in the
header and the body of the document. The field codes are exactly the same in
teh header and the footer. The option to "update fields prior to printing is
set on " in the office Button Word Options Display. The header fiedl is
updated but teh one in the body of the document is not.

Why?
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

Field updating seems to be a dark art - it might be simpler if you added the
update macro code at http://www.gmayor.com/installing_macro.htm to the QAT
(Quick Access Toolbar) and click the button whenever you need to update.

Hazel wrote:
I have a document which has the Document Properties Field - Title in
the header and the body of the document. The field codes are exactly
the same in teh header and the footer. The option to "update fields
prior to printing is set on " in the office Button Word Options
Display. The header fiedl is updated but teh one in the body of the
document is not.

Why?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Hazel Hazel is offline

Thanks for the macro - our previous installation of templates included macros
and I was hoping to avoid in 2007 having macros but looks like may have to.