Sebastian A.

Default Insert the same text in more places but only type it once

Hello,

I'm creating this "template style" document, where I'd like people to insert
a certain text at the begining and then that "text variable" would appear in
different places in the document where I set them to appear. The rest of the
document might remain unchanged, but that "text variable" is very important
to appear everywhere.

Is there anyway I could do this, as it would simplify our work a lot, not to
type/copy-paste the same text in 100 places in a document.

Thank you
Nuraq

You can define the first instance of the text as a bookmark. Insert
cross-references to the bookmark for the rest of the document. To update
the entire document later, select the entire document and press F9.

"Sebastian A." Sebastian wrote in message
Hello,

I'm creating this "template style" document, where I'd like people to
insert
a certain text at the begining and then that "text variable" would appear
in
different places in the document where I set them to appear. The rest of
the
document might remain unchanged, but that "text variable" is very
important
to appear everywhere.

Is there anyway I could do this, as it would simplify our work a lot, not
type/copy-paste the same text in 100 places in a document.

Thank you

Sebastian A.

That's great, thanks for the fast reply.
There is only one small problem. If I edit that first part it will tell me
in all other places where after i hit F9 that :"Error! Reference source not
found.". How can I make it work properly? Cause the first part should be
editable, but still not affecting the "bookmark".

Thanks.

"Nuraq" wrote:

[...]

Greg

Here is an elegant way:
1. File-Properties-Custom-enter new variable name and it's value, say XXX
and "NEW VALUE"
2. Whenever in text you want to reference it do the following:
Insert-Field-Category=Document information-DocProperty-select XXX
This will cause entering NEW VALUE wherever you referenced it this way.
3. If you want to see all these fields do the following:
Tools-Options-View- Field shading-select "Always"
Enjoy
Greg

"Nuraq" wrote:

[...]

Sebastian A.