Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Davy858 Davy858 is offline

Default how to capitalise I

How can I make word recognise I; I'll; I'm; etc. and capitalise these when
they occur in a document? My previous word program did this automatically.
I've just changed from XP to Vista.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
TedMi[_2_] TedMi[_2_] is offline

This issue is not dependent on whether you use XP or Vista, but on the
version of Word. Did you change Word versions? Which one are you now using?
-TedMi

"Davy858" wrote in message
How can I make word recognise I; I'll; I'm; etc. and capitalise these when
they occur in a document? My previous word program did this
automatically.
I've just changed from XP to Vista.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

This is controlled by Word's AutoCorrect feature. Ordinarily, it happens
automatically and by default. If it's not happening automatically, then it's
possible that there is an issue with your settings, that your
normal.dot/.dotm file is damaged, or that your registry settings are
damaged, or that a 3rd party add-in is interfering.

How to proceed depends on which version of Word you are using. However, I
would follow the troubleshooting advice provided he

http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/AppErrors/...artingWord.htm

--
Herb Tyson MS MVP
Author of the Word 2007 Bible