Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
acired acired is offline

Default margins to inches rather than pt

In Word 2007 my margins are in pt rather than inches. How do I change it?
Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout

Click on the Pizza button, then select Word Options from the bottom border
of the dialog and then click on Advanced and go down to the Display section
and change the setting in the "Shoe measurements in units of" drop down.

--
Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.

Doug Robbins - Word MVP

"acired" wrote in message
In Word 2007 my margins are in pt rather than inches. How do I change it?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Rob Giordano \(Crash\) Rob Giordano \(Crash\) is offline

Word 2007 has a pizza button? That'd be an incentive for me to finally
upgrade :-)

--
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Rob Giordano

| Click on the Pizza button, then select Word Options from the bottom border
| of the dialog and then click on Advanced and go down to the Display
section
| and change the setting in the "Shoe measurements in units of" drop down.
|
| --
| Hope this helps.
|
| Please reply to the newsgroup unless you wish to avail yourself of my
| services on a paid consulting basis.
|
| Doug Robbins - Word MVP
|
| "acired" wrote in message
| In Word 2007 my margins are in pt rather than inches. How do I change
it?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
seo seo is offline

"acired" wrote:
In Word 2007 my margins are in pt rather than inches. How do I change it?

I have the same problem in Word 2003 sp2. I go to tools/options/general and
change the display to "inches" but that makes no difference in the display.
I have even gone to the trouble of uninstalling and reinstalling Word - but
no luck.

Any ideas? Something fouled up in a config file somewhere? Help!

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout

If the unit of measurement is set to inches but you're seeing something
else, they may be "character units." See
http://www.gmayor.com/Character_Units.htm

"seo" wrote in message
"acired" wrote:
In Word 2007 my margins are in pt rather than inches. How do I change

it?

I have the same problem in Word 2003 sp2. I go to tools/options/general

and
change the display to "inches" but that makes no difference in the

display.
I have even gone to the trouble of uninstalling and reinstalling Word -

but
no luck.

Any ideas? Something fouled up in a config file somewhere? Help!

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
seo seo is offline

Suzanne - Many thanks!!! That solution works perfectly. I've never heard of
"character units" before and none of the other Word gurus that I've consulted
have ever mentioned such a thing. I really appreciate the help! :-))

"seo" wrote in message
"acired" wrote:
In Word 2007 my margins are in pt rather than inches. How do I change

it?

I have the same problem in Word 2003 sp2. I go to tools/options/general

and change the display to "inches" but that makes no difference in the
display. I have even gone to the trouble of uninstalling and reinstalling Word -
but no luck.

Any ideas? Something fouled up in a config file somewhere? Help!

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout

Glad I could help.

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

If the unit of measurement is set to inches but you're seeing something
else, they may be "character units." See
http://www.gmayor.com/Character_Units.htm

newsgroup so
all may benefit.

"seo" wrote in message
"acired" wrote:
In Word 2007 my margins are in pt rather than inches. How do I

change
it?

I have the same problem in Word 2003 sp2. I go to

tools/options/general
and change the display to "inches" but that makes no difference in the
display. I have even gone to the trouble of uninstalling and

reinstalling Word -
but no luck.

Any ideas? Something fouled up in a config file somewhere? Help!

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
ceracat ceracat is offline

"seo" wrote:

"acired" wrote:
In Word 2007 my margins are in pt rather than inches. How do I change it?

I have the same problem in Word 2003 sp2. I go to tools/options/general and
change the display to "inches" but that makes no difference in the display.
I have even gone to the trouble of uninstalling and reinstalling Word - but
no luck.

Any ideas? Something fouled up in a config file somewhere? Help!

in four, 6hour days, your wonderful, hope renewing, joyous, yipee question,
is my first 'answer' to one of my many questions!!!!! i'm so dizzy i haven't
been looking into every "tools" button this creature presents me with. Thank
you so much. Lookout eyelids... they're gonna close tonite.