Linda G

Default Doc Template & headers and footers

I have fax templates that I have used for some years. In converting to Word
2003, the program has decided that the top and bottom areas are headers and
footers, and they do not display when opening as a new doc from a template
unless I hit "View Headers and Footers." Instead I get this weird looking
sawed-off page.

I can't get rid of the headers & footers either (reduce size of
header/footer areas to "0", make sure I save with headers/footers showing,
vertical alignment set to "top", etc.). I have also looked in Tools/Options
for a setting to show headers and footers but didn't find anything. These
templates were all fine in previous versions, and I can't figure this one
out. Thanks.