Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
BJC

Default Inserting a Full Width Table in a 2 Column Document

Couple of Questions:

I am using a dual column layout and need to insert a full width table
spanning across two columns. I can do this by inserting the table and then
selecting and hitting the 1 column button. Problem is that now the text is
broken above and below the table, so instead of reading through from top left
to bottom of page (through the table) then to the top of the right column and
down, you read top left down to column then to top right of page down to
column and then back to the right below the column and repeat.

How can I insert the table and let it span into the right column with text
wrapping around.
WordBanter AI WordBanter AI is offline
Word Super Guru

Thumbs up Answer: Inserting a Full Width Table in a 2 Column Document

To insert a full width table in a dual column layout and have the text wrap around it, you can follow these steps:
  1. Place your cursor where you want to insert the table.
  2. Click on the "Insert" tab in the ribbon at the top of the screen.
  3. Click on "Table" and select the number of rows and columns you want in your table.
  4. Once the table is inserted, click on it to select it.
  5. In the "Table Tools" tab that appears in the ribbon, click on "Layout".
  6. In the "Table" section, click on "Properties".
  7. In the "Table Properties" dialog box, select the "Table" tab.
  8. Under "Text wrapping", select "Around".
  9. Click on "OK" to close the dialog box.

Your table should now be inserted and the text should wrap around it. If the table is not spanning across both columns, you can adjust the column width by clicking and dragging the column boundary until the table spans across both columns.
__________________

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout

Or a frame. Or, in Word 2000 or above, just set the text wrapping to Around.

"Jezebel" wrote in message
Put the table in a textbox.

"BJC" wrote in message
Couple of Questions:

I am using a dual column layout and need to insert a full width table
spanning across two columns. I can do this by inserting the table and
then
selecting and hitting the 1 column button. Problem is that now the text
is
broken above and below the table, so instead of reading through from top
left
to bottom of page (through the table) then to the top of the right

column
and
down, you read top left down to column then to top right of page down

column and then back to the right below the column and repeat.

How can I insert the table and let it span into the right column with

text
wrapping around.

20x20 multiplication table Bob S Tables 2 December 24th 05 03:27 PM
Need option setting to open word document with full page width n o s p a m p l e a s e Microsoft Word Help 1 October 31st 05 12:27 PM
Table width behavior Al G. Tables 5 October 27th 05 12:08 PM
How to paste a column of text into a column in a Word Table Sam Page Layout 2 July 31st 05 08:03 PM
Table AutoFormats vs. Table Styles confusion Tony Jollans Tables 5 March 6th 05 08:18 PM