Azimof

Default How can I change direction of Arabic document from left to right

I start writng an Arabic Document. but the direction was left-to-right. I
tried to change it to right-to-left but with no result. although I added the
two buttons for text direction.
Bob Buckland ?:-\)

Hi Azimof,

There are a number of factors that can come into play.
You may want to check in the Word International Features
group (link below) and include the version and language
edition of Word and Windows you're working in.

In Start=Programs=Microsoft Office Tools
be sure you have an Arabic languages enabled and
also in the Windows Control Panel. Check also in
the Complex Scripts tab in Word in Tools=Options
(that tab only appears when an RTL language is enabled)
and set the Right to Left view option. Also check
the styles in your document to see if they are set
for Left to Right or Right to Left.

=======
--
MS Office System Products MVP
*courtesy is not expensive and can pay big dividends8

A. Specific newsgroup/discussion group mentioned in this message:
or via browser:
http://microsoft.com/communities/new...ional.features

B. MS Office Community discussion/newsgroups via Web Browser
http://microsoft.com/office/communit...s/default.mspx
or
Microsoft hosted newsgroups via Outlook Express/newsreader

Templates gman Page Layout 17 April 22nd 05 06:35 PM
Document Map Question PosseJohn Page Layout 2 March 23rd 05 02:27 PM
change the number of spaces between sentences in a word document? Cowgirlskipper Microsoft Word Help 1 March 22nd 05 02:33 AM
How do I change page numbering and locations in document sections. Geo Microsoft Word Help 1 January 8th 05 03:08 AM
When I change text formatting, the entire document is changed mikem Microsoft Word Help 3 December 10th 04 05:07 PM