Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Cmondak Cmondak is offline

Default Don't have a "close window" button in MS Word 2007. Why?

I don't have a "close window" icon on MS Word 2007. (I do have the "close
program" icon). How can I add the close window icon?
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Jay Freedman Jay Freedman is offline

Cmondak wrote:
I don't have a "close window" icon on MS Word 2007. (I do have the
"close program" icon). How can I add the close window icon?

You can add a button for that to the Quick Access Toolbar by clicking the
Office button, right-clicking the Close item in the menu, and choosing "Add
to Quick Access Toolbar".

Or you can just use the menu item where it is, or press the default keyboard
shortcuts Ctrl+W or Ctrl+F4.

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Ivan Ivan is offline

If you uncheck the Show All Windows In the Taskbar icon from Word Options Advanced Display, you
will then have the close/resize window(doc) buttons. Far easier than Cluttering the QAT , and if you
are working on several documents, you won't have separate instances of Word floating around...

HTH, Ivan
++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++ ++++++++

On Wed, 23 Jul 2008 10:34:55 -0400, "Jay Freedman" wrote:

Cmondak wrote:
I don't have a "close window" icon on MS Word 2007. (I do have the
"close program" icon). How can I add the close window icon?

You can add a button for that to the Quick Access Toolbar by clicking the
Office button, right-clicking the Close item in the menu, and choosing "Add
to Quick Access Toolbar".

Or you can just use the menu item where it is, or press the default keyboard
shortcuts Ctrl+W or Ctrl+F4.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Ivan Ivan is offline

Yes, fair point. What I inferred is that you will not get each document with it's own window and set
of menus/ribbons etc.