Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Samuel Marshall Samuel Marshall is offline

Default Duplex printing different sections or chapters together

I'm printing a document, using the duplex printing feature, containing
several sections (chapters) all numbered separately. I want the beginning of
each section to fall on the top of a page leaf when I'm finished printing so
they can be individually separated, if required. Anyway that I can achieve
this without too much grief?
Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Stefan Blom Stefan Blom is offline

Set each section to start on a "New page" (in File | Page Setup,
Layout tab) as opposed to "Continuous"?

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"Samuel Marshall" wrote in message
I'm printing a document, using the duplex printing feature,

containing
several sections (chapters) all numbered separately. I want the

beginning of
each section to fall on the top of a page leaf when I'm finished

printing so
they can be individually separated, if required. Anyway that I can

achieve
this without too much grief?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Stefan Blom Stefan Blom is offline

Of course, that's what to do!

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

Samuel Marshall wrote:
I'm printing a document, using the duplex printing feature,

containing
several sections (chapters) all numbered separately. I want the

beginning of
each section to fall on the top of a page leaf when I'm finished

printing so
they can be individually separated, if required. Anyway that I can

achieve
this without too much grief?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Samuel Marshall[_2_] Samuel Marshall[_2_] is offline

Good idea, but unfortunately because each section is numbered differently and
starts at a number 1 then it doesn't effectively separate Chapter 2 from
Chapter 1. Thanks though...

Samuel Marshall wrote:
I'm printing a document, using the duplex printing feature, containing
several sections (chapters) all numbered separately. I want the beginning of
each section to fall on the top of a page leaf when I'm finished printing so
they can be individually separated, if required. Anyway that I can achieve
this without too much grief?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout

I'm afraid I don't understand. You start each chapter with an Odd Page
section break and restart numbering in each chapter and this doesn't meet
your needs?

"Samuel Marshall" wrote in
message ...

Samuel Marshall wrote:
I'm printing a document, using the duplex printing feature, containing
several sections (chapters) all numbered separately. I want the

beginning of
each section to fall on the top of a page leaf when I'm finished

printing so
they can be individually separated, if required. Anyway that I can

achieve
this without too much grief?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Samuel Marshall[_2_] Samuel Marshall[_2_] is offline

I'm trying to prevent the first page of Chapter 2 falling on the backside of
the last page of Chapter 1 if that page is an odd numbered page. If you
restart numbering with each Chapter and start with an Odd Page section break
then this still doesn't help because even if you end a Chapter with an odd
number, the following page will still be an odd number...that is, number 1.
Try it you'll see...

Samuel Marshall wrote:
I'm printing a document, using the duplex printing feature, containing
several sections (chapters) all numbered separately. I want the

beginning of
each section to fall on the top of a page leaf when I'm finished

printing so
they can be individually separated, if required. Anyway that I can

achieve
this without too much grief?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout

But you will get a totally blank even page inserted between the last odd
page and the new page 1. You will not see this page in any view except Print
Preview (and then only if you have enabled "Mirror margins" or "Different
odd and even" headers and footers), but it will be "printed" when you print
the entire document.

"Samuel Marshall" wrote in
message ...

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

I'm afraid I don't understand. You start each chapter with an Odd Page
section break and restart numbering in each chapter and this doesn't

meet
your needs?

newsgroup so
all may benefit.

"Samuel Marshall" wrote in
message ...

Samuel Marshall wrote:
I'm printing a document, using the duplex printing feature,

containing
several sections (chapters) all numbered separately. I want the

beginning of
each section to fall on the top of a page leaf when I'm finished

printing so
they can be individually separated, if required. Anyway that I can

achieve
this without too much grief?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Samuel Marshall[_2_] Samuel Marshall[_2_] is offline

I don't know what I'm doing wrong but I'm not getting that result. I'm not
seeing this blank page in Print Preview and Chapter 2 is still being printed
on the back of the last odd page in Chapter 1. It works beautifully as you
describe though, if I dont restart numbering for each Chapter.

Samuel Marshall wrote:
I'm printing a document, using the duplex printing feature,

containing
several sections (chapters) all numbered separately. I want the
beginning of
each section to fall on the top of a page leaf when I'm finished
printing so
they can be individually separated, if required. Anyway that I can
achieve
this without too much grief?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Samuel Marshall[_2_] Samuel Marshall[_2_] is offline

Oh I see! I'm getting it now, its working perfectly. You really are an MVP.
Thanks for your persistence and patience.

duplex printing Bryan Page Layout 6 February 17th 06 12:14 PM
Printing bookfold documents, manual duplex, only pg 7 is printing jjjones Microsoft Word Help 0 October 27th 05 12:58 AM
Duplex printing geojon Microsoft Word Help 1 August 4th 05 08:04 AM
How do I set up duplex printing? Denise - Default printing Page Layout 1 March 31st 05 07:59 PM
W/ duplex bound printing, chapters set to start on front of page? Chris Q Page Layout 1 January 13th 05 09:30 PM