Rob R.

Default How can I prevent clearing clipboard when I start Word?

If I paste data to my Windows clipboard in another application, and then open
Word, it deletes the contents I have added to the clipboard. I would like to
be able to open Word without clearing the clipboard.
garfield-n-odie

If you have Word 2002 as part of Works Suite, then the Works
Suite Add-In for Word clears the Windows clipboard when Word
starts. You can uninstall the add-in by clicking on Start |
Control Panel | Add or Remove Programs, but you will lose the
ability to use a Works data source in a Word mailmerge if you do
this. If you have a Bluetooth device installed, the Bluetooth
add-in for Word has also been known to clear the Windows
clipboard when Word starts.

Rob R. wrote:

If I paste data to my Windows clipboard in another application, and then open
Word, it deletes the contents I have added to the clipboard. I would like to
be able to open Word without clearing the clipboard.

Opinicus

"garfield-n-odie"

this. If you have a Bluetooth device installed, the
Bluetooth add-in for Word has also been known to clear the
Windows clipboard when Word starts.

"Bluetooth add-in for Word"?

--
Bob

Kanyak's Doghouse
http://www.kanyak.com

Joe McGuire

Not meaning to be overly simplistic but maybe the simple solution is
just to start Word first and leave it running in the background. I
think you actually have to activate the Clipboard so that it will
gather up everything you cut or copy.

On Thu, 1 Sep 2005 13:50:04 -0700, Rob R. Rob
wrote:

If I paste data to my Windows clipboard in another application, and then open
Word, it deletes the contents I have added to the clipboard. I would like to
be able to open Word without clearing the clipboard.

Daiya Mitchell

Actually, this doesn't usually happen. I think it's a side effect of having
Word as part of the Works Suite, and having the Works Suite Add-in installed
in Word, or somesuch. You can uninstall this Add-in.

Search the group, you'll find plenty of references to this previously and
more concrete directions on what you need to uninstall.

On 9/2/05 9:20 AM, "Rob R." wrote:

duh.

wrote:

If I paste data to my Windows clipboard in another application, and then
open
Word, it deletes the contents I have added to the clipboard. I would like
be able to open Word without clearing the clipboard.

--
Daiya Mitchell, MVP Mac/Word
Word FAQ: http://www.word.mvps.org/