Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Spacing between characters in text

Default Office XP. Letters in sentence have dbl spacing between them.

I have a sentence where the letters have extra spacing between them, I have
normal spacing in the rest of the text. How can I get rid of this.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Carol

Highlight the text and click on Format | Font | Character Spacing and set it
to normal.
--
Carol A. Bratt, MCP

"Spacing between characters in text" wrote:

I have a sentence where the letters have extra spacing between them, I have
normal spacing in the rest of the text. How can I get rid of this.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Jeanne M Jeanne M is offline

When a whole document is full of double spaces after periods or other
punctualtion, I use the Find and Replace to apply a single space in all
locations.

Find: type a period and then two spaces
Replace: type a period and then one space.
Select Replace All. All the doubles will be replaced by singles.

You can also use this with any character being followed by two spaces (e.g.
question marks, parens, etc).