Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Lonnie

Default How do set automatic numbering in a word document?

I have the following text:

Request for Admissions No. 1: blah blah blah
Answer:

Request for Admission No. 2: blah blah blah
Answer:

Request for Admission No. 3: blah blah blah
Answer:

Is there any way to set my numbering up so that I get "Request for Admission
No. 4," "Request for Admission No. 6", etc., instead of just the number? Is
there a way to include text in my numbering?
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Jezebel

Go to Format Bullets and Numbering. Click Customize on the Numbering tab.
Enter the text in the Number Format box.

"Lonnie" wrote in message
I have the following text:

Request for Admissions No. 1: blah blah blah
Answer:

Request for Admission No. 2: blah blah blah
Answer:

Request for Admission No. 3: blah blah blah
Answer:

Is there any way to set my numbering up so that I get "Request for
Admission
No. 4," "Request for Admission No. 6", etc., instead of just the number?
Is
there a way to include text in my numbering?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Daiya Mitchell

Yes, there is.

There is a tutorial here that shows you how--it uses Q as an example but you
can use a text prefix with a number instead.
http://sbarnhill.mvps.org/WordFAQs/QandA.htm

Either the numbered list or the outline-numbered list method will work for
you.

--
Daiya Mitchell, MVP Mac/Word
Word FAQ: http://www.word.mvps.org/

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Graham Mayor

See http://www.gmayor.com/Text_as_bullet.htm You should just get that text
in with the 30 character limit. If you need more text then you would need to
create an autotext or autocorrect entry including a SEQ field to place the
text and numbers. Personally I would prefer this latter approach.
Save
Request for Admissions No. {SEQ Admissions}
as a formatted autocorrect entry for (say) #num then then type #num to enter
the next block.