Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Freeda Freeda is offline

Default I lost a Word file. Where is a tool that will search all files?

I lost a Word file. Where is a tool that will search all files? Help! Need
right now!
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
TonySper[_2_] TonySper[_2_] is offline

Go to your drive, right click on it and then select search. Input the name
and run it.

"Freeda" wrote in message
I lost a Word file. Where is a tool that will search all files? Help! Need
right now!

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Aviral Sharma Aviral Sharma is offline

You may also try Recent Documents list. Go to Start Menu Recent Documents.
Then click on the file name. It will open the file and then you can save it
at another location.

Please click yes if it helps.

Avi.

"Freeda" wrote:

I lost a Word file. Where is a tool that will search all files? Help! Need
right now!

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

Don't tell me! It was an attachment to an e-mail which you worked on and
saved and now it is missing?
You should never open Word attachments directly from e-mail - however it
*may* be possible to recover your changes. See
http://www.gmayor.com/outlook_attachments.htm

Freeda wrote:
I lost a Word file. Where is a tool that will search all files? Help!
Need right now!

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Freeda Freeda is offline

Thank you for your help! I appreciate learning how to do that search, which I
did on every conceivable folder on my desktop and in our server last night.
Unfortunately, the document seems to have disappeared so I stayed up late and
recreated it. Yawn! But now I know something new.....

"Freeda" wrote in message
I lost a Word file. Where is a tool that will search all files? Help! Need
right now!

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

You can also search for a unique text string within the document, but I
suspect that Graham has the answer: it was a file you opened from an
attachment.

http://word.mvps.org