Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Caroline Caroline is offline

Default need sample letter

Anyone have sample letter terminating employee due to lack of work?
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Tom Willett[_2_] Tom Willett[_2_] is offline

Dear ____________:

You're fired for ____________________.

Sincerely,
Your Hooplehead Boss
"caroline" wrote in message
: Anyone have sample letter terminating employee due to lack of work?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Caroline Caroline is offline

Thanks, Tom...
I didn't realize a serious request would make me a target....

"Tom Willett" wrote:

Dear ____________:

You're fired for ____________________.

Sincerely,
Your Hooplehead Boss
"caroline" wrote in message
: Anyone have sample letter terminating employee due to lack of work?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
royUK royUK is offline

This can be edited to suit

|Filename: DISMISSAL.doc |
|Download: http://www.thecodecage.com/forumz/attachment.php?attachmentid=170|

royUK

Hope that helps, RoyUK
For tips & examples visit my 'web site' (http://www.excel-it.com/)
royUK's Profile: http://www.thecodecage.com/forumz/member.php?userid=15
View this thread: http://www.thecodecage.com/forumz/sh...d.php?t=111097

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Your question isn't about Microsoft Word, and why would you make a
"serious request" that answers itself (as Tom did)?

On Jun 29, 2:44*pm, caroline
wrote:
Thanks, Tom...
I didn't realize a serious request would make me a target....

"Tom Willett" wrote:
Dear ____________:

You're fired for ____________________.

Sincerely,
Your Hooplehead Boss
"caroline" wrote in message
: Anyone have sample letter terminating employee due to lack of work?-

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Tom regards everyone as a potential target, apparently. But we do get a lot
of requests for "samples" and "templates," and that is not the focus of this
newsgroup, which deals with form rather than content.

http://word.mvps.org

"caroline" wrote in message
Thanks, Tom...
I didn't realize a serious request would make me a target....

"Tom Willett" wrote:

Dear ____________:

You're fired for ____________________.

Sincerely,
Your Hooplehead Boss
"caroline" wrote in message
: Anyone have sample letter terminating employee due to lack of work?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Gordon Bentley-Mix on news.microsoft.com Gordon Bentley-Mix on news.microsoft.com is offline

Caroline,

I think the problem is that this is a forum for questions about the function
and use of Microsoft Word, not a clearing house for content. Many fine
examples of content exist on the web and can be usually found using a search
engine such as Google. However, in most cases the user knows best what is
required for any particular situation, and, therefore, it is not really
possible for any other person to provide the "perfect" content. In addition,
this forum receives several such requests in any given period of time, and
the general response is usually some variation of "whatever works best for
you" (along with a good dose of scorn and derision - most likely because
regular contributors tire of answer the same question repeatedly).

I won't apologise for Tom's response - he's entitled to post whatever he
likes - and I hope my post won't be construed as an attempt to defend him. In
fact, I've been known to post a few less-than-kind responses myself. g
However, I can certainly understand his motivation.
--
Cheers!

Gordon Bentley-Mix
Word MVP

Please post all follow-ups to the newsgroup.

Read the original version of this post in the Office Discussion Groups - no
membership required!

"caroline" wrote:

Thanks, Tom...
I didn't realize a serious request would make me a target....

"Tom Willett" wrote:

Dear ____________:

You're fired for ____________________.

Sincerely,
Your Hooplehead Boss
"caroline" wrote in message
: Anyone have sample letter terminating employee due to lack of work?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Indeed. Some days it seems like we get more requests for content than
anything else, and some of them are surpassingly silly.

http://word.mvps.org

"caroline" wrote:

Thanks, Tom...
I didn't realize a serious request would make me a target....

"Tom Willett" wrote:

Dear ____________:

You're fired for ____________________.

Sincerely,
Your Hooplehead Boss
"caroline" wrote in message
: Anyone have sample letter terminating employee due to lack of work?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Gordon Bentley-Mix on news.microsoft.com Gordon Bentley-Mix on news.microsoft.com is offline

Or from people wanting to know if their earphones are working. What the...?!?!
--

"caroline" wrote:

Thanks, Tom...
I didn't realize a serious request would make me a target....

"Tom Willett" wrote:

Dear ____________:

You're fired for ____________________.

Sincerely,
Your Hooplehead Boss
"caroline" wrote in message
: Anyone have sample letter terminating employee due to lack of work?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Tom Willett[_2_] Tom Willett[_2_] is offline

Especially with such a sensitive nature as firing an employee. Some employer
she must be.

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote in message
: Indeed. Some days it seems like we get more requests for content than
: anything else, and some of them are surpassingly silly.
:
: --
: Suzanne S. Barnhill
: Microsoft MVP (Word)
: Words into Type
: Fairhope, Alabama USA
: http://word.mvps.org
:
: "Gordon Bentley-Mix on news.microsoft.com"
: gordon(dot)bentleymix(at)gmail(dot)com wrote in message
: ...
: Caroline,
:
: "caroline" wrote:
:
: Thanks, Tom...
: I didn't realize a serious request would make me a target....
:
: "Tom Willett" wrote:
:
: Dear ____________:
:
: You're fired for ____________________.
:
: Sincerely,
: Your Hooplehead Boss
: "caroline" wrote in message
: ...
: : Anyone have sample letter terminating employee due to lack of work?
:
:
:
:
:

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
KWP KWP is offline

A good source for corporate letters that may be available at your library or
booksto

"Lifetime Encyclopedia of Letters" by Harold E. Meyer

Covers everything, from asking favors, declining requests, sales, fund
raising and collections, to providing information, answering complaints,
termination and resignations, condolences, accepting jobs, providing
encouragement and providing uncomplimentary references.