Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Lawyer Dave Lawyer Dave is offline

Default How do I make footnote numbers automatically appear as superscript

How do I make footnote numbers automatically appear as superscript?
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Jay Freedman Jay Freedman is offline

By default, they _are_ superscript. If that's not what you're seeing,
someone or something has been messing with your template's styles.

Select the Footnote Reference style. Click the Modify button (or select
Modify from the dropdown next to the style's name in the task pane). Check
the "Add to template" box. Click Format Font. Check the box for
Superscript, and OK your way out.

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman