Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
W. Guy Delaney W. Guy Delaney is offline

Default Findng Data soure in MIrosoft Access

I have a query in Access for information I want to use in a mail merge in
Microsoft Word. The querry runs perfectly in Microsoft Access.

When I go to Microsoft Word and begin designing the mail merge, when I
browse
to my database, and look for my querry is otther. Other querries show
up, but not the one I need.

How can I see all querries?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields

There are several types of query that Word 2007 cannot "see", or does
not execute as you might expect, when you try to use them as a Mail
Merge data source using the default connection method for Access (which
is OLE DB), including:
a. parameter queries
b. queries that invoke user-defined Access VBA functions
c. queries that invoke some of the financial series functions and one
or two other "non-user defined" VBA functions such as replace()
d. queries that use LIKE and wildcards
In most cases, the quickest way to get around these problems is to
change the connection method of the connection to DDE - in Word 2007,
check Office button-Word options-Advanced-Confirm file format
conversion on open (near
the bottom), go through the connection process again, and you should see
an additional Confirm Data Source dialog box. If you see an entry like
"MS Access databases via DDE", select it. If you only see "OLE DB
database files" (typically if you are using a .accdb rather than a .mdb
source), check Show all, then locate and select that DDE option, and
continue.
That said, DDE connections have their own problems, particularly in
Office 2007 and particularly if the the database is located on a network
(and/or, is a .accdb)

Peter Jamieson

http://tips.pjmsn.me.uk
Visit Londinium at http://www.ralphwatson.tv

W. Guy Delaney wrote:
I have a query in Access for information I want to use in a mail merge in
Microsoft Word. The querry runs perfectly in Microsoft Access.

When I go to Microsoft Word and begin designing the mail merge, when I
browse
to my database, and look for my querry is otther. Other querries show
up, but not the one I need.

How can I see all querries?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
W. Guy Delaney W. Guy Delaney is offline

I'm using Microsoft Word 2003. Where you say "check Offic button," I cannot
find the Office button.

W. Guy Delaney wrote:
I have a query in Access for information I want to use in a mail merge in
Microsoft Word. The querry runs perfectly in Microsoft Access.

When I go to Microsoft Word and begin designing the mail merge, when I
browse
to my database, and look for my querry is otther. Other querries show
up, but not the one I need.

How can I see all querries?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields

In that case, check Tools-Options-General-Confirm conversions at open
and the rest of the process is more or less as I described.

W. Guy Delaney wrote:
I have a query in Access for information I want to use in a mail merge in
Microsoft Word. The querry runs perfectly in Microsoft Access.

When I go to Microsoft Word and begin designing the mail merge, when I
browse
to my database, and look for my querry is otther. Other querries show
up, but not the one I need.

How can I see all querries?

trial ends on mirosoft 7 Pam Microsoft Word Help 1 February 6th 08 10:37 PM
Mirosoft Office Word Document buntley Microsoft Word Help 2 August 20th 07 08:13 PM
mirosoft clip art anonimus New Users 4 November 3rd 05 06:55 PM
Mirosoft Word XP 2003 Alsub Microsoft Word Help 1 June 11th 05 03:14 AM
How do you read a disk that has a mac file on it in a mirosoft en. j Microsoft Word Help 0 February 12th 05 07:15 PM