Dates

Old May 25th 10, 06:43 PM posted to microsoft.public.word.formatting.longdocs
Richard[_5_]

Default Dates

I would like to have a variable year in my Word Document. I want to
have a sentence that reads, in part,

Please print your reports through period 11 of 2008.

which is fine during 2010, but as soon as it become 2011, I want it to
read:

Please print your reports through period 11 of 2009.

How can I do this?

Thanks in advance.

Rich
Old May 25th 10, 07:07 PM posted to microsoft.public.word.formatting.longdocs
Stefan Blom[_3_]

Generally, date calculations are complicated in Word. However, in this case, the
following formula field should work:

{ = { DATE \@ "YYYY" } - 2 }

To insert each pair of field delimiters, { }, press Ctrl+F9. Type the code as
shown. Use F9 to update the field. To show/hide field codes, press Alt+F9.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

Old May 26th 10, 01:17 AM posted to microsoft.public.word.formatting.longdocs
Richard[_5_]

"Richard" wrote in message

I would like to have a variable year in my Word Document. *I want to
have a sentence that reads, in part,

Please print your reports through period 11 of 2008.

which is fine during 2010, but as soon as it become 2011, I want it to
read:

Please print your reports through period 11 of 2009.

How can I do this?

Thanks in advance.

Rich- Hide quoted text -

That worked perfectly -- thank you.

Old May 26th 10, 07:36 PM posted to microsoft.public.word.formatting.longdocs
Stefan Blom[_3_]

You are welcome.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

Old May 26th 10, 07:36 PM posted to microsoft.public.word.formatting.longdocs
Stefan Blom[_3_]

You are welcome.

--
Stefan Blom