MichaelR MichaelR is offline
Junior Member

Default School Project, need word help

I am creating a very large document, 208 pages so far for a school final project.

I am having trouble in a couple areas and need some assistance.

First, I have a ton of different sections so the headers of each of those sections need to be different. I figured out how to make them different by un-linking them but then my TOC does not count the pages correctly. So, this question is... Can my TOC basically ignore the different sections and keep counting without starting over at 1?

Second, I need my page numbers to start after the TOC. When I insert page numbers at the bottom of the page it adds the numbers but starts over at number 1 at the beginning of each section. What can I do to get the page numbers to start after the TOC and ignore the different sections so it keeps counting?

I am using Word 2007.

--If a visual is preferred I can email the word doc to someone or post it somewhere.

Any help is greatly appreciated!!

Thanks,
Michael
Posted to microsoft.public.word.formatting.longdocs
Suzanne S. Barnhill[_3_] Suzanne S. Barnhill[_3_] is offline

See http://www.word.mvps.org/FAQs/Format...atter_2007.htm. When you
restart numbering at 1 in a given section, then any new sections you
subsequently create after it will also start at 1. You need to go to the
Page Number Format dialog in each of those sections and select "Continue
from previous section."

--
MichaelR