Octavio

Default open file full path possible?

How can the Word file that is open display full path in the tittle that is
shown on the upper left hand corner?
(right now my computer displays only the name of the file, and I will like
it also to tell me where it is, etc.)
Thanks in advance

Graham Mayor

You need an autoopen macro containing the following line -

ActiveWindow.Caption = ActiveDocument.FullName

See http://www.gmayor.com/installing_macro.htm

Octavio wrote:
How can the Word file that is open display full path in the tittle
that is shown on the upper left hand corner?
(right now my computer displays only the name of the file, and I will
like it also to tell me where it is, etc.)
Thanks in advance

TF

Best solution is to add the Address Tool in that empty void to the right of
your menu bar. To do this:

1. open Word
2. right-click on a Toolbar and select Customise
3. select the Command tab and then choose Web under Toolbars
4. the top tool under Categories will be the Address tool: drag it up and
drop it to the right of the Help menu
5. click on the address tool to select it (it will have a black surround
when selected)
6. use the mouse to drag the right end until it fits the empty space on
the Menu bar
7. Close the Customise dialog

The address box will now display the full name and path of the open/active
document.

--
Terry Farrell - Word MVP
http://word.mvps.org/

"Octavio" wrote in message
: How can the Word file that is open display full path in the tittle that is
: shown on the upper left hand corner?
: (right now my computer displays only the name of the file, and I will like
: it also to tell me where it is, etc.)
: Thanks in advance
:
:

Unable to Open tiff file ranimp04 Microsoft Word Help 1 June 20th 05 05:39 PM
How to creat relative and shorthand file path names? 2dogs Microsoft Word Help 1 May 15th 05 12:11 PM
How to create relative and shorthand file path names 2dogs Microsoft Word Help 4 May 14th 05 08:49 PM
open file talbert Microsoft Word Help 1 May 3rd 05 03:14 PM
How do I display the full path to a open file? Mindbender Microsoft Word Help 2 March 17th 05 10:32 PM