Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Barbis Barbis is offline

Default Text Form Fields Dissappear when I do Mail Merge To New Document 2

How do I keep my Text Form Fields from dissappearing when I do a Mail Merge
to New Document in Word 2003? I tried the Macro solution on the MS website
and that doesn't want to work right. I have created a form to email to
independent contractors in my field that I would like them to fill out and
email back to me, but when I mail merge they all dissappear but my Drop-Down
Boxes stay. At the top of my form I also have data that I have merged from
an Excel file. Any suggestions would be helpful.
Thanks
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
macropod[_2_] macropod[_2_] is offline

Hi Barbis,

If the MS macro didn't work for you, that's probably because you didn't get the implementation right.

--
Cheers
macropod

"Barbis" wrote in message ...
How do I keep my Text Form Fields from dissappearing when I do a Mail Merge
to New Document in Word 2003? I tried the Macro solution on the MS website
and that doesn't want to work right. I have created a form to email to
independent contractors in my field that I would like them to fill out and
email back to me, but when I mail merge they all dissappear but my Drop-Down
Boxes stay. At the top of my form I also have data that I have merged from
an Excel file. Any suggestions would be helpful.
Thanks

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

Form fields and mail merge are mutually exclusive. There is a suggestion on
MY web site, which has nothing to do with MS, that may work around the
problem for you http://www.gmayor.com/Form_Fields_and_Mail_Merge.htm. There
you will find three macros that will work with a variety of data sources.