Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Pepe

Default Word accepts both US and Canadian spelling when set to Can. Eng. W

At my Elementary school (in Seoul) we have Office 2003 Professional Edition.
It came with an English Use Interface pack, which I use to help me navigate
through the programs.

When I set the dictionary language to Canadian spelling and grammar, Word
and all Office programs automatically accepted both US and Canadian spelling.
For example it found no difference between the words "Color" and "Colour."
According to the spell checker, both forms were correct. Yes, I know they're
correct in their respective languages, but "color" is considered incorrect in
Canada, just as "colour" is considered incorrect in the US.

Does anyone know how I can get Office to properly check for only Canadian
spelling? In other words I want Word and other Office programs to recognize
that the US spelling is incorrect. Any help would be much appreciated.

Regards,
Jose

PS--I've followed the instructions that I found in the Office help file, and
with the on-line Office assistance (the one that's built into the program). I
have also tried changing the language settings before starting any programs.
So far my efforts have proved fruitless; Word still recognizes both US and
Canadian spelling as correct.