Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Big_Mack1 Big_Mack1 is offline

Default Please remove the pesky Blue Bar

OK. Stupid question here, but I've look everywhere and can't find an answer.

How do I get rid of that pesky (grade-lowering) blue bar that is appearing
where all of my on-screen (**and printed**) header page numbers are located?

I initially thought this was just to show me where my headers are located.
Well, that is, until I printed the first 5 pages of my report to proofread!...

The blue bar in question is physically located one inch from the top of the
page, and begins 1/2 inch from the right edge (at the left edge of my
header/page number) and continues clear out to the right edge of my page.

All this blue bar contains is the *page number* and the 15 spaces or so to
the edge of the paper.. If I double click the blue bar, it turns dark blue
for a second while I enter some number, then it returns to light blue, where
the color remains consistent on each subsequent page.

Also, if anyone has a way to switch to Classic view for Word 2007, it would
be appreciated. I hate this new look. Give me back my old toolbars..

Thanks.
Mack
Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Greg Maxey[_2_] Greg Maxey[_2_] is offline

Big_Mack,

It sounds like your blue line in question is a header building block that
you or someone at one time deliberatly applied (they don't appear out of
thin air). On the Insert tab click "Header" and pick from one of the 25 or
so other building blocks.

The ribbon and its interface is probably here to stay. There is no classic
view. If you care to make the effort you can customize the existing ribbon
to look a lot like the old menus and toolbars.

See: http://gregmaxey.mvps.org/Ribbon_Menu_Controls.htm

--
Greg Maxey - Word MVP

My web site http://gregmaxey.mvps.org

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Big_Mack1 Big_Mack1 is offline

Default Thx for the tips.

Greg,

Thanks for the tips. Great website! I'll start playing around with some
Macros and see what I can do with the ribbon. I guess the "Classic"
Ribbon/toolbar will R.I.P...

As far as the blue bar, my wife opened the new document, formatted the page
(and headers) before I started typing into it, and then saved it for me until
I got home, so I didn't see what kind of formatting she put on the header.
This 2007 version is going to take some getting used to...

P.S. Congrats on your retirement, CDR, and thanks for your service to our
country (from a cantankerous old Army Vet...)