Ruth

Default page number on scroll bar

I used to have the page number when I would click on the scroll bar. Now it
is gone. How do I get it back?
Dian D. Chapman, MVP

Not sure I understand what you are trying to say...but click Tools
Options View and check Status Bar and see if that is what you mean.

If that's not it, please provide more details.

Dian D. Chapman, Technical Consultant
Microsoft MVP, MOS Certified
Editor/TechTrax Ezine

Free MS Tutorials: http://www.mousetrax.com/techtrax
Free Word eBook: http://www.mousetrax.com/books.html
Optimize your business docs: http://www.mousetrax.com/consulting
Learn VBA the easy way: http://www.mousetrax.com/techcourses.html

On Sat, 23 Apr 2005 09:29:02 -0700, "Ruth"
wrote:

I used to have the page number when I would click on the scroll bar. Now it
is gone. How do I get it back?

I don't get page numbers/headings when I click on the vertical scroll bar,
but I do get them (in ScreenTips) when I drag the elevator.

"Ruth" wrote in message
I used to have the page number when I would click on the scroll bar. Now

it
is gone. How do I get it back?

Dian,

I want document page numbers displayed at elevator while dragging elevator
up or down through the document I am creating. This feature had been in
place but was inadvertently lost. How do I restore this feature?

Regards,

Ruth

wrote:

I used to have the page number when I would click on the scroll bar. Now it
is gone. How do I get it back?

How long is your document? Note that page numbers will not be displayed
until Word has finished repaginating the document (and not at all if you are
in Normal view with background repagination disabled).

" wrote in
message ...

wrote:

I used to have the page number when I would click on the scroll bar.

Now it
is gone. How do I get it back?

Dian D. Chapman, MVP

Ah! Okay, I understand now...

Click Tools Customize Options and check the option for "Show
Tooltips on Toolbars." That'll cause the page numbers to display when
you drag the scroll button up/down.

Dian D. Chapman, Technical Consultant
Microsoft MVP, MOS Certified
Editor/TechTrax Ezine

Free MS Tutorials: http://www.mousetrax.com/techtrax
Free Word eBook: http://www.mousetrax.com/books.html
Optimize your business docs: http://www.mousetrax.com/consulting
Learn VBA the easy way: http://www.mousetrax.com/techcourses.html

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

I don't get page numbers/headings when I click on the vertical scroll bar,
but I do get them (in ScreenTips) when I drag the elevator.

Word MVP FAQ site:
http://word.mvps.org

"Ruth" wrote in message
I used to have the page number when I would click on the scroll bar. Now

it
is gone. How do I get it back?

Ha! Who'd'a thunk that was the required option? I tested Tools | Options |
the "Show ScreenTips on toolbars" one.

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

I don't get page numbers/headings when I click on the vertical scroll

bar,
but I do get them (in ScreenTips) when I drag the elevator.

Word MVP FAQ site:
http://word.mvps.org

newsgroup so
all may benefit.

"Ruth" wrote in message
I used to have the page number when I would click on the scroll bar.

Now
it
is gone. How do I get it back?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Terry Terry is offline

did you get this question answered? I am having the same problem

"Ruth" wrote:

I used to have the page number when I would click on the scroll bar. Now it
is gone. How do I get it back?

Page numbering in footers, Outside margin, Page Number + Number of Pages Eric G Page Layout 6 April 22nd 05 12:28 PM
How do I get rid of a page number on a Save As\ Text Only doc? Mike Whitehurst Microsoft Word Help 2 March 24th 05 01:17 PM
Page Number funnybroad Page Layout 4 March 3rd 05 07:58 AM
Page Number and Page header on the first page Frank Drost Formatting Long Documents 3 March 1st 05 02:17 PM
When insert page number is clicked, the number inserted at page 1. inbetween Page Layout 1 February 19th 05 07:07 AM