Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
jezzica85 jezzica85 is offline

Default Problem saving text as UTF-8

Hi everybody,
I need to save a Word document as text, UTF-8 encoding, so certain symbols
will show up. It needs to be read into a program later. For some reason,
though, when I save as UTF-8, a little gray box appears before the first
character in the preview window where you see if the encoding is right. It
looks like it's a non-printing character of some kind, because I don't see it
in the text file, but it's definitely there because it messes up the program
I have to use. It looks like when you save in UTF-8, this character is put in
to start the file even though you don't see it. Is there any way to get rid
of this weird character?

Thanks,
Jezzica85