mlbishop5

Default How do I insert "‘*" (numbers with circle) in Word 2003?

How do I insert "‘*" (numbers with circle) in Word 2003?
A document previously displayed correctly but now displays and prints as
weird characters, even though font settings are the same arial true type font
with unicode MS.

Thanks
Klaus Linke

"mlbishop5" wrote:
How do I insert "?" (numbers with circle) in Word 2003?
A document previously displayed correctly but now displays and prints
as weird characters, even though font settings are the same arial true
type font with unicode MS.

Hi,

Look under "Tools Options Compatibility Font substitution". Probably,
"Arial Unicode MS" is missing on your machine.
The font dialog will display the font even though it isn't installed, but
behind the scenes Word substitutes some other font.

If that's the case, run the Office setup (Windows Control Panel Software),
Add/Remove features, check Advanced options, Office Tools International
support Universal font.

Though if your circled 1 appears fine in other docs (and the mail you
posted), something may be wrong with the document, or with the printer
driver (or its settings).

You could mail me a small sample with the circled 1, to
... and I'll check if there's something wrong with the
doc.

Regards,
Klaus