Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Network Angel

Default Merged doc Printing

Help - this has been driving me crazy for a couple of years now. How on
earth do you save only one page of a multi page merged document as a separate
word document. The only solution I've found so far is to print it Acrobat
Distiller and "save this page only".

Any ideas or can it actually be done???

Pat
Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Doug Robbins - Word MVP

If it's only one page that you want to save, merge just that record to a new
document and save that.

If you want to save the "document" created for each record by the mailmerge,
there are a number of ways.

See the "Individual Merge Letters" item on fellow MVP Graham Mayor's website
at:

http://www.gmayor.com/individual_merge_letters.htm

If you are using Word XP or later, the "Add-in to Merge Letters to Separate
Files" that I have written and that can be downloaded from that site will
allow you to create each letter as a separate file with a filename taken
from a field in the data source with a minimum of fuss.

--
Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.

Doug Robbins - Word MVP