Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Nick Nick is offline

Default Picture Content Control XML binding

In Word 2007 I have a Picture Content Control that is bound to a Custom XML
part in the datastore. I noticed the the file size is approximately twice the
image size. On investigation of the unzipped docx file I found the image in
the XML datastore (as expected) and also a copy is in the word\media folder.

When I used the Word 2007 Content Control ToolKit - an Open XML tool on
CodePlex - to perform the binding it does insert a copy of the image into the
word/media folder. The document opens OK in Word but as soon aa a save is
performed the extra copy is inserted.

I'm generating reports with lots of large images and would prefer if my
document size wasn't twice as large as necessary. Is there anything I can do
to stop the extra image copy being added?

The functionality has been implemented as a Add-In that extends the Word
menu/ribbon.

Thanks in advance for any help