Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
User User is offline

Default Formulas in a Table

Hello

I need to consecutively number the cells in the first column of a Word
table. In other words, cell a1 will show "1"cell a2 will show "2", cell a3
will show "3", etc. In Excel, I can use the "fill down" feature or create a
simple formula "a1+1" and then copy/paste that formula down as far as I need
and I will get the consecutive numbers.

I noticed that cells are treated as "absolute references" in a Word table.
That means my formula will not work when I copy/paste it. Is there anyway to
quickly accomplish what I need directly in the Word table?

thanks
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

In answer to the first question, select the column and click on the
Numbering button on the Formatting toolbar. (There are better ways to apply
numbering, but this should work.)