Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
it support guy wymcol it support guy wymcol is offline

Default Template with a wider margin in first page than subsequent?

We're using headed note paper for the first page of our letters. This headed
note paper has a thick boarder on the right hand side. The subsequent pages
are printed on plain paper. I cannot see how to create a template with a
margin that is wider on the first page than it is on the other pages. Please
enlighten me.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Stefan Blom Stefan Blom is offline

One way would be to check the "Different first page" option in the Page
Setup dialog box, and then, in the main header, insert one or two
border-less text boxes positioned so that they force smaller margin(s) on
subsequent pages.

See also http://sbarnhill.mvps.org/WordFAQs/Letterhead.htm which does the
opposite: the article describes how to use a text box in the first page
header to create a wider margin for the first page.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"it support guy wymcol" wrote in message
We're using headed note paper for the first page of our letters. This
headed
note paper has a thick boarder on the right hand side. The subsequent
pages
are printed on plain paper. I cannot see how to create a template with a
margin that is wider on the first page than it is on the other pages.
Please
enlighten me.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Stefan Blom Stefan Blom is offline

Reading the original message again, I have to say that you are right. Thank
you for clarifying this.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP