Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
MO MO is offline

Default Is it possible to use symbols in a password protected form?

I created a password protected template form. Someone wants to enter symbols
but the drop down menu won't allow the user to select symbols. Is there a
way to do this?
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Cindy M -WordMVP- Cindy M  -WordMVP- is offline

Hi ?B?TU8=?=,

I created a password protected template form. Someone wants to enter symbols
but the drop down menu won't allow the user to select symbols. Is there a
way to do this?

Only by using a macro similar to the following

Sub Form_InsertSymbol()
If ActiveDocument.ProtectionType wdNoProtection Then
ActiveDocument.Unprotect
End If
Dialogs(wdDialogInsertSymbol).Show
ActiveDocument.Protect wdAllowOnlyFormFields, True
End Sub

Cindy Meister
INTER-Solutions, Switzerland
http://www.word.mvps.org