Sam

Default Moving Excel Charts into Word Documents: font sizes change

May I please ask you to help me?

When I copy an Excel chart and paste it into a Word document, all font sizes
change. On the original, the font of the labels on the y-axis is larger
than that for the x-axis, and yet once I paste the chart into Word, the font
of the labels on the x-axis is much larger than the font of the labels on the
y-axis.

I have objects in the title of my chart [Brownstone equation - "alpha
squared"]. In the orginal [excel chart] these objects are of the same size
as the letters in the chart title. However, once I paste the chart into
Word, these objects appear to be much larger than the rest of the chart
title.

Can this be fixed?

Thank you.
Anne Troy

Try Edit--Paste Special options when you paste, Sam. Likely, it's pasting
as a Word table into Word right now. Try pasting it as a worksheet object,
or as a picture.
*******************
~Anne Troy

www.OfficeArticles.com
www.MyExpertsOnline.com

"Sam" wrote in message
news
[...]

Sam

Anne - Thanks a Million!!!!!!!!!!!!

That worked!!

I was going to print the Excel charts and scan them and then paste the
images back into word. I have over 30 charts, so this would have been
very time consuming.

Thank you for your help!

"Anne Troy" wrote:

Try Edit--Paste Special options when you paste, Sam. Likely, it's pasting
as a Word table into Word right now. Try pasting it as a worksheet object,
or as a picture.
*******************
~Anne Troy

www.OfficeArticles.com
www.MyExpertsOnline.com

"Sam" wrote in message
news
[...]

Anne Troy

Well, Sam. If you're doing this a lot, you might want to consider a macro
for it:
http://www.vbaexpress.com/kb/getarticle.php?kb_id=133

And... you're welcome!
*******************
~Anne Troy

www.OfficeArticles.com
www.MyExpertsOnline.com

"Anne Troy" wrote:

Try Edit--Paste Special options when you paste, Sam. Likely, it's

pasting
as a Word table into Word right now. Try pasting it as a worksheet

object,
or as a picture.
*******************
~Anne Troy

www.OfficeArticles.com
www.MyExpertsOnline.com

"Sam" wrote in message
news
[...]

Jon Peltier

You can also copy a chart as a picture in Excel. I have some information
about working with other applications he

http://peltiertech.com/Excel/XL_PPT.html

Most of the examples use PowerPoint as that other app, but there are a
couple Word examples, and the PowerPoint ones can be easily adapted.
Just remember that Word doesn't have slides!

- Jon
-------
Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP
Peltier Technical Services
Tutorials and Custom Solutions
http://PeltierTech.com/
_______

"Anne Troy" wrote:

Try Edit--Paste Special options when you paste, Sam. Likely, it's

pasting

as a Word table into Word right now. Try pasting it as a worksheet

object,

or as a picture.
~Anne Troy

www.OfficeArticles.com