Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Louise Louise is offline

Default .doc files wont open

Hi,
I have recently installed Microsoft Word 2007 Home and Student on both my
laptop and PC - the laptop works fine, however the PC version wont open .doc
files with Word.

Ive tried to associate the file types with Word, however when I try to do
this Microsoft Word isnt in the list that comes up - so when I browse, I
select word but it wont add to the list to be selected so I cant seem to
associate Word with .doc files.

Its a bit of a nightmare trying to download documents from the internet in
..doc format as I have to save them and then open through word rather than
simply open the file.

However, this works fine on the laptop so I have no idea what I need to do
to fix this. Could someone please help me?

Im running Vista Premium and Ive tried unistalling and reinstalling the
programme.

Thank you all

Lou
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Try re-registering Word: Click the Start button, and then click Run. Type

winword /r

and press Enter. Does that help?

--
Stefan Blom